From idea to launch, you coordinate and partner with cross-functional teams to drive best-in-class new product development activity to completion. Our teams will look to you to organize and execute our plans for successful product launches, bringing needed innovation to our end users.
You are a vital member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow, expected to challenge others, and are part of something much bigger than yourself. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
We are an employee-owned company and have been a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
Our core brands of Camo, Pro-Fit, and Stinger are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments. Found at some of the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence. Our Brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, they are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and they depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our company's reason for existing
Whether supporting our customers, suppliers, employee-owners and their families or the communities in which we live and work, our purpose is simple; inspire whoever we engage with to help them become better. Better people, families, businesses, and ultimately leave better the communities in which we live in. We get this is a moonshot reason for existing. Yet it is one we are committed to.
Our culture is characterized as
- Servant focused
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
As the owner of National Nail’s new product development process, you will lead and coordinate product launches, uniting working teams to ensure timely execution of the project schedule. This role will find you facilitating collaborative project scope, requirements, milestones, schedules, and deadlines. It will include introducing functional improvements to our new product development process, making future projects more efficient and streamlined, and minimizing “pain” in the product development process.
This is a demanding, goal-driven, action oriented, self-driven assignment. So, what does this require of you?
- Aspire to our 8 character traits.
- Work closely with each department team to understand their needs and timing for each project.
- Manage weekly team expectations and status report outs.
- Create “NPDP” Gate materials based on inputs delivered from the team.
- Facilitate new idea reviews.
- Monitor and create monthly NPD revenue reports.
- Willing to work towards filling gaps in the process and be self-motivated to dig in and solve issues.
- Skilled at launching new brands and products.
- Hungry. Competitive. Possessing a never quit spirit.
- Experience with formal Project Management principles and New Product Development processes.
- Results oriented with excellent planning, prioritization, decision making, organizational and time management skills; works well under pressure and delivers on commitments with little direction.
- Ability to inspire and lead teams, create discussions, and facilitate brainstorming.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Deep experience building complex timelines and documentation.
- Awareness to stop scope creep and focus on the deliverables.
- Flexible with the ability to quickly adapt and re-prioritize in a continuously changing working environment.
- 8+ years of experience in project management with a strong business acumen.
- Building materials experience a plus.
At your core
You must be passionate about brands and be able to build one
Think of a brand you love. You use it over and over again. You count on it. It delivers every time. So, you engage with it, every time. It may be something as simple as your toothpaste, or coffee. Could be a clothing line, golf clubs or choice of car you drive. Regardless, there is something about that brand experience that calls you back.
It will be impossible for you to achieve this leadership assignment without “getting” the endearing value of our brands. Our brands don’t fit into someone else’s “finished good”. They embody a unique experience inviting the user to return – again.
You must love challenges and thrive on them
Our brands exist to improve the experiences that end-users have. We change how work is done! And changing how work is done is a challenge.
This won’t be easy. You won’t win them all. Can you take a punch? Do you learn equally from success and failure? And then get back to the mission?
Is this in your DNA? Do you thrive for this challenge?
You must be an outstanding person and teammate and elevate those around you
We believe the best “building” moments at work are the moments when we build things together with our teammates. Are you a good teammate? Do you get that you will be part of a company story and vision that is much bigger than you? Are you a great encourager? Are you teachable? Coachable? Correctable?
We demand great teammates. Are you one? You must be humble, competitive, and phenomenal at listening.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brands, and industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.