You are an integral part of one of our key initiatives, helping to build our learning and development programs. This role will provide auxiliary support to all business departments by creating functional training for their areas. You will help build out systems and processes for developing, assigning, tracking, and evaluating training. In doing this, you will be a crucial part of driving change within our organization.
You are a vital member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow, expected to challenge others, and are part of something much bigger than yourself. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
As a learning and development professional, you will enhance the learning culture of our organization as well as competencies of individual employee owners. Since constant learning elevates an individual as an employee and as a person, it opens opportunities for the company to transform continuously for the better. Designing and conducting training programs will boost employee’s workplace performance in alliance with our company’s core values. You will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials, and for managing all phases of training interventions.
- Align with our purpose, 8 character traits, and cornerstones.
- Develop, maintain, update, and facilitate key training programs via various media: in-person; web or video conference technology; self-training materials, in order to adapt to changes that occur.
- Ensure that training supports overall business strategy.
- Develop and maintain training materials and improve existing materials.
- Evaluate training materials, such as outlines, text, and handouts.
- Identify and assess training needs of staff by conferring with managers and supervisors or conducting needs assessments.
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct business and training for new hires and current employees.
- Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI.
- Track status of staff training needs: classes completed and classes to be scheduled.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
- Periodically evaluate training effectiveness.
- Act as a support fielding questions and issues from employee owners related to the business and/or systems.
- Handle related tasks as assigned.
- Be a great teammate.
- Value both the opportunity to do well professionally and grow personally.
- Experience with ADDIE, SAM, Articulate 360, LeaderGuide Pro, Learning Management Systems, and MS Office suite.
- Knowledge and experience with instructional design theory and learning principles.
- 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Training, HR, or related field required.
- Be hungry. Competitive. Possessing a never quit spirit.
We are an employee-owned company and a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 70 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
Our core brands of CAMO, PRO-FIT, and STINGER are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments, and can be found at the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Our brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs, and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our company's reason for existing
Whether supporting our customers, suppliers, employee-owners and their families or the communities in which we live and work, our purpose is simple; inspire whoever we engage with to help them become better. Better people, families, businesses, and ultimately leave better the communities in which we live in. We get this is a moonshot reason for existing. Yet it is one we are committed to.
Our culture is characterized as
- Servant focused.
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits, and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers, and our communities.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brands, and industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.