You are a key member of the business technology team, managing and maintaining computer systems, networks, and servers to help support our teams in driving market recognition and sales volume for our innovative products and brands: CAMO, STINGER, and PRO-FIT.
You are a vital member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow, expected to challenge others, and are part of something much bigger than yourself. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
As an integral part of our growing BT team, you will work closely with our Managed Service Provider to maintain our technology while providing exceptional technical support and solutions to our employee-owners. Leveraging the expertise of our MSP partner, you will monitor system performance, identify issues, and ensure optical uptime, availability, and response times of our systems. You will administer computer deployment, troubleshoot printers, scanners, and WIFI devices, as well as routers, switches, firewalls, and VPN connections.
Specifically, you will also manage user accounts, permissions, and access controls across various environments to ensure system integrity and data confidentiality. This position will implement and enforce security policies, procedures, and best practices. Our system administrator will maintain accurate documentation of IT processes and support the team in providing technical support and training to end-users.
- Align with our purpose, 8 character traits, and cornerstones.
- Proven experience as a system administrator, help desk, or similar role.
- Deep knowledge of Windows and Mac administration, including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with network administration, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and firewall configurations.
- Knowledge of Google administration and Office 365.
- Understanding of cyber security principles and best practices.
- Evidence of continuing leadership and self-development.
- The ability to think strategically, solve problems, work independently, multi-task, and pay attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with clients, MSP partners, team members, and end-users.
- Relevant undergrad degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or deep work success evident.
- Hungry. Competitive. Possessing a never quit spirit.
We are an employee-owned company and a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
Our core brands of CAMO, PRO-FIT, and STINGER are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments, and can be found at the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Our brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our company's reason for existing
Whether supporting our customers, suppliers, employee-owners and their families or the communities in which we live and work, our purpose is simple; inspire whoever we engage with to help them become better. Better people, families, businesses, and ultimately leave better the communities in which we live in. We get this is a moonshot reason for existing. Yet it is one we are committed to.
Our culture is characterized as
- Servant focused.
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brands, and industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.