You are a key member of the business technology team, turning data into critical information and knowledge, helping our teams drive market recognition and sales volume for our innovative products and brands: CAMO, STINGER, and PRO-FIT.
You are a vital member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow, expected to challenge others, and are part of something much bigger than yourself. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
As an integral part of our growing BT team, you will develop reporting and analytical solutions with knowledge of the primary source of data. Building relationships and collaborating with users for direct consumption or integration with other systems will be a crucial aspect of this role. Our BI developers promote data literacy by educating and training team members to use the data as an analytical tool and displaying the information for the purpose of analysis and exploration.
Specifically, you will build reports and dashboards to help the organization understand the progress and trends of key strategic initiatives and projects. You will be expected to go above and beyond the initial analysis request to determine what questions we should be asking and then proactively providing solutions.
- Align with our purpose, 8 character traits, and cornerstones.
- Working experience with business intelligence software (Qlik, QlikSense, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, etc.).
- Experience using SQL queries or R to perform advanced analysis.
- Evidence of continuing leadership, self-development.
- The ability to think strategically, solve problems, work independently, and pay attention to detail.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in one or more of the following programming languages: SQL, Python, PHP, C++, C#.
- Relevant undergrad degree or deep data analytics success evident.
- Hungry. Competitive. Possessing a never quit spirit.
We are an employee-owned company and a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
Our core brands of CAMO, PRO-FIT, and STINGER are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments, and can be found at the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Our brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our company's reason for existing
Whether supporting our customers, suppliers, employee-owners and their families or the communities in which we live and work, our purpose is simple; inspire whoever we engage with to help them become better. Better people, families, businesses, and ultimately leave better the communities in which we live in. We get this is a moonshot reason for existing. Yet it is one we are committed to.
Our culture is characterized as
- Servant focused.
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brands, and industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.