You are a key member of our brand-focused sales team, driving market recognition and sales volume for our innovative products and the full STINGER product line. Working with key contractors and end-users in the field, you will build awareness of our progressive labor savings for roof and sidewall applications
You are a vital member of our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow, expected to challenge others, and are part of something much bigger than yourself. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
We are an employee-owned company and have been a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
Our core brands of Camo, Pro-Fit, and Stinger are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments. Found at some of the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence. Our Brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, they are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and they depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our company's reason for existing
Whether supporting our customers, suppliers, employee-owners and their families or the communities in which we live and work, our purpose is simple; inspire whoever we engage with to help them become better. Better people, families, businesses, and ultimately leave better the communities in which we live in. We get this is a moonshot reason for existing. Yet it is one we are committed to.
Our culture is characterized as
- Servant focused.
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
The STINGER brand
It goes back to the 1970s, when National Nail fashioned the first plastic cap out of an old milk jug. What can we say—we drink from the innovation jug!
STINGER—a brand entirely devoted to all things for the building envelope— was officially launched in 2007 with the introduction of the first line-up of non-pneumatic cap hammers and collated caps. Since then, the STINGER family has grown to include pneumatic cap staplers, pneumatic cap nailers, synthetic underlayment, metal roofing accessories, and more. As the industry changes with building codes and product advancements, STINGER continues to evolve to provide contractors worldwide with innovative products that are fast, easy, safe and affordable for each of their roofing and siding needs.
And our vision? To be the expected Brand found in the hands of any sidewall or roof installer building or repairing homes like ours.
As a key member of the STINGER Brand Sales Team, you are expected to drive the development and execution of the strategic and tactical initiatives necessary for growing the STINGER Brand share in your assigned market area. And in the process, you will be building a legion of STINGER Brand enthusiasts!
Your time will be spent with installers teaching, coaching and facilitating their movement away from their current methods of attaching roofing and siding underlayments to the better way . . . the STINGER way. And they will thank you for improving their jobsite experience.
So, what does this require of you? You must be:
- An accomplished builder.
- Aspiring to the 8.
- An outstanding teacher, listener, and communicator.
- Equally comfortable on jobsites with contractors/users, lumberyards, owners/sales team and distribution sales personnel.
- Skilled at leading through influence.
- Outstanding at launching new brands, products and thoughts, directly to our brand users, inspiring them to be users of our products.
- Hungry. Competitive. Have a never quit spirit.
At your core
You must be passionate about brands and be able to build one
Think of a brand you love. You use it over and over again. You count on it. It delivers every time. So, you engage with it, every time. It may be something as simple as your toothpaste, or coffee. Could be a clothing line, golf clubs or choice of car you drive. Regardless, there is something about that brand experience that calls you back.
It will be impossible for you to achieve this leadership assignment without “getting” the endearing value of our brands. Our brands don’t fit into someone else’s “finished good”. They embody a unique experience inviting the user to return – again.
You must love challenges and thrive on them
Our brands exist to improve the experiences that end-users have. We change how work is done! And changing how work is done is a challenge.
This won’t be easy. You won’t win them all. Can you take a punch? Do you learn equally from success and failure? And then get back to the mission?
Is this in your DNA? Do you thrive for this challenge?
You must be an outstanding person and teammate and elevate those around you
We believe the best “building” moments at work are the moments when we build things together with our teammates. Are you a good teammate? Do you get that you will be part of a company story and vision that is much bigger than you? Are you a great encourager? Are you teachable? Coachable? Correctable?
We demand great teammates. Are you one? You must be humble, competitive, and phenomenal at listening.
- Building materials / contractor experiences a necessity.
- Roofing/siding industry experience a plus.
- Evidence of continuing leadership, self-development.
- Brand leadership and involvement.
- 5 years of field sales/construction experience preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish
- Marketing or similar undergrad or deep industry success evident.
- Comfortable with occasional overnight travel.
- Able to support product development teams with market perspective.
- Ability to identify and balance priorities across customer channels and end users.
- Understanding of construction cycle and how to create demand for dealers and distributors.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, Brand and an industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.