You are leading, building, and creating our rapidly-growing international business by bringing our award winning brands, CAMO and STINGER, to customers across the globe.
You are a key member of our growth-minded, innovative sales team and an employee-owner of our company, National Nail.
You are challenged to grow and expected to challenge your team, your customers and others to grow as well.
Most importantly, you look back and realize you have personally grown and have become a better person.
Are an employee-owned company and have been a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. We have a storied history of innovation, which many say is in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, from sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we constantly ask the “what, why, and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
Our core brands of CAMO, Pro-Fit and STINGER are the “asked for brands” in their respective segments. Found at some of the finest names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution, and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence. Our Brand users are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands, and just like us, they are business owners. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs, and they depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done.
Our culture is characterized as...
- Servant focused
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
As leader of our international business unit, you will lead and drive the development of the strategic and tactical sales and marketing initiatives needed to achieve our customer centered, company and brand growth plans internationally. From launching new products, culturally appropriate brand messaging, to developing a distribution network of brand users, your influence will be transformative. To accomplish this, you will possess a keen understanding of the cultural and unique construction practices in different countries such as Canada, Norway, Sweden, Central and Eastern Europe, Australia, South Africa, Central and South America and China.
This is a demanding, goal achieving, action oriented, self-driven assignment. To be successful you must be…
- Aspiring to our 8 character traits
- A vision caster and implementer
- An outstanding teacher, listener, and communicator
- A proven leader, with the ability to identify key market and customer trends and recommend the appropriate course of action to grow our brands and overall international business
- Experienced and eager for international travel
- Outstanding at launching new brands, products and thoughts
- Partnering with our brand leaders to create innovate business strategies for all international business
- Hungry, competitive, and possessing a never quit spirit
At your core...
You must love people and be able to lead and develop them.…
You must not just like people. You must love people. Love teaching, mentoring and challenging them. And then, celebrating in their growth as they take what they have learned from you . . . and build upon it.
You will be expected to attract and build a like-minded growth-oriented international team, delivering what our end-users need today, tactically, and what we will surprise them with in the future, strategically.
We are not seeking a “manager” of people. We are “demanding” a developer of forward thinking, growth-minded, energy breathing, community building, brand defending disciples, who like you, collaborate well and constantly challenge the status quo.
You must be an outstanding person and teammate and elevate those around you…
We believe the best “building” moments at work are the moments when we build things together with our teammates. Are you a good teammate? Do you get that you will be part of a brand story and vision that is much bigger than you? Are you a great encourager? Are you teachable? Coachable? Correctable?
We demand great teammates. Are you one? You must be a humble, competitive, phenomenal listener and highly emotionally intelligent leader.
You must love challenges and thrive on them…
Whether a Pro, Remodeler, or DIY’er, STINGER exists to improve the experience when building a roof or sidewall. We change how work is done! And changing how work is done is a challenge. You will relentlessly help our channel and end user decision makers see things they don’t see today and you will lead them to trust that our brand best meets their needs.
This won’t be easy. You won’t win them all. Can you take a punch? Do you learn equally from success and failure? And then get back to the mission?
Is this in your DNA? Do you thrive on this type of challenge?
You must be passionate about brands…
Think of a brand you love. You use it over and over again. You count on it. It delivers every time. So, you engage with it, every time. It may be something as simple as your toothpaste, or coffee. Could be a clothing line, golf clubs or choice of car you drive. Regardless, there is something about that brand experience that calls you back.
It will be impossible for you to achieve this assignment without “getting” the endearing value of our brands. Our brands don’t fit into someone else’s “finished good”. They embody a unique experience inviting the user to return – again.
Additional key requirements for this assignment include:
- Character matters to us and it should matter to you
- 5+ years experience in international sales leadership
- Evidence of multi-country sales development and growth
- Accountability for profit/loss, market share/growth performance
- Evidence of distributor development and growth
- Respected by your peers, customers and suppliers for your integrity and critical thinking
- Consumer brand experience
- Global experience in Europe, Australia, Scandinavian countries and Canada a plus.
- Respected by your peers, customers and suppliers for your integrity and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and direct initiates across organization
- Continuing servant leadership, self-development, and a bias towards action
So, if this is an assignment, culture, and an industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.