You are a member of the finance team in our growth-minded, industry leading, innovative, brand-driven, global employee-owned company. You are challenged to grow while challenging others, finding great enjoyment in what you do and are a significant part of something much bigger than you. You leave an indelible legacy mark on our company and our industry through the people your life impacted. And all the while, and most importantly, growing as a person.
Are an employee-owned company that has been a proud part of the American building materials industry for nearly 60 years. With a storied history of innovation, some say it’s in our DNA. We agree. From product to brand, to sourcing to customer-centric solutions, we are constantly asking the “what, why and how” questions that many are afraid to ask.
The users of our products are the hardworking folks who build things with their hands. They build our homes, our decks, install our roofs and depend on our brands to support them in delivering a job well done. And they are business owners, like us. They purchase our products through some of the finest household names in the LBM, Roofing, Home Center, Distribution and STAFDA channels of the building industry and more recently, through our E-Commerce presence.
Whether our brands are offered by someone national in scope, a single location staple of a local community, or counted on by a small business owner in their trade, we consider it a privilege that one of our three proprietary brands, CAMO, PROFIT and STINGER, are part of their story.
Our culture is characterized as...
- Servant focused
- Founded on Four Cornerstones, 8 character traits and a simple operating philosophy of Serve • Better • Value • Fun.
- High standard, embraced by a dedicated team of employee-owners who enjoy the fruits of hard work while having a “bit of fun” along the way.
- Growth-minded, driving the intentional investments in developing our people, our customers and our communities.
This accounts receivable/payable position is available due to growth and will find you applying cash receipts and processing vendor payables in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
So, what does this require of you?
- Aspiring to our 8 character traits.
- Accurate and timely application of customer payments.
- Set up new customers in the business system and maintain customer master.
- Process customer credit card payments and electronic checks in accordance with company policy.
- Payment reconciliation to ensure proper application.
- File Maintenance to include scanning of documents to electronic files.
- Troubleshooting problem orders and accounting holds.
- Communicate short payments to the Credit Manager.
- Process vendor invoices, ensuring proper documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Identify and resolve vendor invoice discrepancies.
- Assist in the review of freight charges, duties and tariffs.
- Prepare and process checks, as well as posting wire payments and ACH payments.
Are an outstanding teammate
We believe the best “building” moments in life, are the moments when we build things together . . . with our teammates. Are you a good teammate? Do you get that you will be part of a brand story and vision that is much bigger than you? Are you a great encourager? Are you teachable? Coachable? Correctable? We demand great teammates. Are you one?
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Organized, solution-oriented, with excellent time management skills.
- A proven team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills to include MS Excel & Outlook.
- Positive attitude.
- 2+ years of cash application, accounts receivable, accounts payable or related experience in a fast paced, high-volume B2B environment.
- Accounting Certificate or Associate Degree preferred.
So, if this is an assignment, culture, brands and industry you desire to explore further, contact us. Your new adventure awaits.